Senior Leadership Team:
Headteacher: Mr Rooney
Deputy Headteacher: Mrs Camps
SENDco: Mrs Oliver
Administration: Mrs Earnshaw
EYFS Teacher: Mrs Camps
Class 2 Teacher: Mrs Oliver
Class 3 Teacher: Mrs Entwistle
Class 4 Teacher: Miss Hall
Unit Catering Manager:
Mid-day Supervisors: Mrs Bridy Mottram
Mid-day Supervisor/Cleaner: Mrs Lorraine Hammonds
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
THE ROLE OF SCHOOL STAFF
- All school staff have a responsibility to provide a safe environment in which children can learn.
- All school staff have a responsibility to identify children who may be in need of extra help or who are suffering, or are likely to suffer, significant harm. All staff then have a responsibility to take action, working with other services as needed.
- Action will also be taken to promote the welfare of a child in need of additional support, even if they are not suffering harm or at immediate risk.
- School staff may be expected to support other agencies to take decisions about individual children.
All school staff (teaching and non-teaching) receive appropriate and regular child protection training.
Typical safeguarding practices include:
- Regular and up to date safeguarding training (including PREVENT training)
- Thorough induction for all visitors and volunteers including a thorough vetting system
- Safer recruitment – strict procedures are adhered to during the appointment of all staff and volunteers
- Keeping the premises secure, safe and fit for purpose
- Risk assessment procedures for school activities both in school and during educational visits
- Online safety training and teaching
- A broad, balanced curriculum which teaches children how to keep themselves safe and provides positive life affirming experiences for all
- Annual update of the Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy
Staff and volunteers are able to raise concerns about poor or unsafe practice in the school’s safeguarding regime. Appropriate whistleblowing procedures are in place for such concerns to be raised with the school’s management team.
The full Safeguarding Policy can be accessed via the school website.